Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Early Discomfort & How to Announce

I went back to read Jaynee's initial posts from when she was pregnant with Olivia and I find that I'm experiencing a lot of the same early discomforts - cramping being the most prevalent. I've been cramping for a couple of weeks, which along with the tenderness in the breastal area (as she calls it) that lasted longer than normal for PMS, gave me a clue that I might be preggers. What I haven't had is the implantation bleeding. As a matter of fact I've had no bleeding at all, so far. I'm also feeling the first hints of dizziness and slight nausea on occasion. Otherwise, I feel great.

I bought another box of home pregnancy tests and both of them came back positive, as expected. These were a different brand and it was cool to see the pink lines appear almost instantly this time. The other brand took a little longer for the lines to show. Of course the pregnancy hormones are probably a lot stronger at this point, too.

Now we're trying to decide when to tell family and friends. I'm leaning towards telling my parents this weekend, especially since my granddad is ill. I'd like to tell him soon, too. We're planning to mail out a surprise to Beau's family members and some Fetal Greeting cards to other folks.

We'll make a larger announcement after my first doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home