Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hard to Wait

It's really hard not to tell people. It's also hard to wait for the doctor's appointment and the official confirmation.

I had some cramping last night and it just started up again this morning - I told Beau that they are more like twinges and not really painful just there. I'm also feeling a little more lightheaded today and more prone to dizziness if I turn or stand up too quickly. It feels more like a balance issue so far - not much queasiness yet.

I worry about dealing with morning sickness here at the office. The bathroom is in our office, but I have to walk through the squadroom to get there. I'm afraid that on some occasions I'll have to make a run through there and that will bring on questions. I really don't want to announce the baby for a while here yet - I want to have a plan for telling my boss and to strategize a plan for me to continue to work part time in the office and telecommute part time so that we don't have to put the baby into day care everyday. Right now, I'd like to see how I could keep working in some capacity - I feel some responsibility to my job here. It takes so long to hire new people in government and I don't want to leave my boss without someone to do my job for several months. And I like my job; I'd like to be able to still do it. I guess we'll see what we can negotiate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home