Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Violence of It

I was getting ready to go upstairs to take my shower this morning when it hit me. This was not the light heaves I've battled for the past couple of weeks. This was going to be spectacular and the toilet was going to be required.

So I ran, with my hand over my mouth, to the hall bathroom and then spent a good five minutes hanging over the bowl in the dark. I figured out that the dark helps.

Beau was a trooper, bringing paper towels upon my request and giving a big hug when it was over. And then we shared a few giggles - mine in relief, his in disbelief - because I felt instantly better.

I guess the baby is doing fine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost through the first trimester! The light at the end of the tunnel is not a freight train after all.

That second trimester is great. You aren't yet clumsy with bulk (honey, the last week is the last half in terms of sheer boredom) and food is heaven.

I gained 14 lbs between the 4 month and 5 1/2 month marks. Nursy-lursy chewed me out. So I asked the doctor exactly who I was harming. He said nobody. The baby may be a few oz. more but that stuff will stick to my hips forever. Hmmm. Let me think. I'm naturally thin--was until 52--and I'm hungry. ok. food wins.

Both the hips and the baby were unharmed.

Plan your menu as soon as the thought of it doesn't nauseate you, and prepare to have Hubby push the cart while you throw things in with both hands. Have fun.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

across the flow, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to month 4!

beau's sis, he told me that story the other day. Hilarious.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got it much worse that Jaynee. The R women are very strong in many ways, but they don't have the strongest of stomaches. Sorry to hear that. Hope it goes away soon. Don't expect it, but maybe it will feel like the sickness is flying by.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home