Monday, March 13, 2006

Globus Sensation

So for the past 9-10 days or so I have had the feeling of something stuck in my throat. When the fever came I attributed the sensation to my cold and took comfort that it would be short-lived. And that still may be the case, however, I mentioned it to my mother yesterday and she, being Dr. Mom, said, "Um, I hate to tell you this, but you may have that for the whole pregnancy."

Wha'???

Turns out this chick we know had globus sensation throughout her entire pregnancy. As soon as she delivered her baby, it was gone. Apparently, it's tied to the slow down of esophegeal function tied to pregnancy that causes increased heartburn and other similar discomforts.

This news makes me tres unhappy at the thought of living with this annoyance for the next 8 months.

Now I understand why mothers hold these pregnancy things over their children.

I plan to ask the doc about it tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's probably what I had AFTER I had Duncan. Remember I felt like I was choking and that I had a huge ball of phlegm in my throat while I was recovering from the c-section? In fact my uvula was swollen (the punching bag in your mouth). That sounds so gross. *lol* So I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE FEELING. Hope it doesn't last through the whole pregnancy!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

It's gone today, so I do think it was my cold. But now that I know that acid reflux can trigger it, too, I'll be watching what I eat and how much I eat. That was not fun.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home